AACB remains committed to its Emerging Leaders*. In years to come, this cohort of individuals will be the driving force behind our industry.
Throughout Australia, businesses across all sectors are currently challenged with finding, keeping and nurturing employees. The business events industry is no different, and AACB wants to support the process in retaining and attracting talent.
In 2022, AACB will deliver a program that explores the next wave of leadership intelligence as our world asks us to draw upon more sophisticated interventions to deal with complex human issues. Led by EEAA Director and Leading Well Executive Coach, Dan Londero, this program will guide and prepare our Emerging Leaders in the next phase of their business mindset that will help them transition. One that helps them transition from good managers to excellent leaders.
The program intends to develop leadership skills, for leading oneself and others by managing mindsets and what has become one of today’s very important issues, wellbeing factors. The emerging field of systemic leadership which puts the wellbeing of the organisational system at the centre will be explored creating awareness of how to read any human system. The program will improve connection and relationships through conversations based on providing and receiving helpful feedback.
Development of leadership skills, for leading self and others by managing mindset and wellbeing factors. Improve connection and relationships through learning conversations based on giving and receiving helpful feedback.
1. One-hour program content briefing (via Teams/Zoom) will be delivered to the employer/ supervisor of the successful candidates in advance of the program.
2. Session 1: Learning Module 1 followed by Coaching Circle 1.
3. Session 2: Learning Module 2 followed by Coaching Circle 2.
4. One individual coaching session to support with integrating your learning outcomes into your work and life.
The program will be delivered in two groups:
• Group 1 – Tuesday 25th October and Tuesday 6th December.
• Group 2 – Wednesday 26th October and Wednesday 7th December.
The program requires a commitment of two full day sessions face to face. Both face to face sessions will be held in Sydney.
Cost of Program
The value of participation is $1,490 (plus GST) per participant. AACB is providing at least five sponsored scholarships at no charge, available via the application process.
For participants travelling from interstate, transport, accommodation, and incidental expenses are at the employer’s expense.
Scholarships are available to employees of current members of the Association of Australian Convention Bureaux.
To apply for a scholarship, applicants must email email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 10 October 2022, with the following information:
• Full name, job title and organisation
• Contact information (email and mobile number)
• Name of the manager that you report to
• Month and year you commenced with your current employer
• Do you have direct reports? If so, how many?
• 200 words on how you believe this program will assist you
• A copy of your current resume, verified by your manager, that clearly identifies your career path to your bureau and current position.
A maximum of two scholarships will be allocated to applicants from the same organisation unless scholarship positions remain open.
Participants who successfully fulfill the participation hours and meet the requirements of the program will be recognised at the EEAA Awards evening on Wednesday 7 December 2022.
Click here for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm AEDT Monday 10 October 2022.
*Emerging Leaders are typically 35 years of age or younger, are seen by organisations as future leaders of business or industry. Emerging Leaders can already hold Management and Leadership positions within a business.
Five scholarships are being sponsored by
We thank Tourism Australia for their ongoing support and development of our Emerging Leaders.
AACB and Exhibition & Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) have partnered in this program, which will be led by EEAA Director and Leading Well Executive Coach, Dan Londero.
Leading Well Pty Ltd owns the Copyright to all the content in this program. The content delivery will be overseen by Dan Londero (Turnkey Event Solutions), an authorised and licensed Leading Well Executive Coach.