Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of communications that progress the organisation's profile as the thought leader on business events in Australia.
To be successful for this diverse opportunity, you will have demonstrated expertise in the delivery of marketing and events strategies. Your natural strengths combine quality written and verbal communication skills along with a proven understanding of media relations. You have strong stakeholder engagement experience and thrive in a small team environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Promote consistent messaging among AACB members and the industry, defining the business events sector and its benefits.
- Establish and maintain a communications structure for internal transfer of information to all member convention bureau staff.
- Promote key messages around the value of business events to target audience.
- Distribute positive media stories to business events and mainstream media.
Further promote AACB's reputation as the authority on Business Events
- Promote the role of Bureaux to key stakeholders.
- Maintain AACB website as the central platform to best communicate key messages to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain AACB database of internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain monthly e-news to assist in the distribution of key messages and AACB success stories.
- Create and maintain a digital media kit for the target audience highlighting key facts about the industry.
- Adhere to AACB's style guide.
Internal and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Assist in the coordination of AACB events including the annual conference.
- Communicate and share content from AACB events.
- Coordinate annual scholarship and awards programs.
- Member communications as required including the use of social media and online collaboration tools where applicable.
CEO Support & Administration
- Manage administrative services provided to the CEO effectively.
- Assist in the coordination of documents for the Board.
- Coordinate Board events including quarterly meetings and the AGM.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications with a Marketing/Communications degree or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Marketing/Communications roles.
- Proven ability to deliver creative and measurable solutions, suggesting new ideas, projects or approaches.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in writing, editing and proofreading.
- Sound presentation and design skills for the production of publications and multimedia materials.
- Experience in website maintenance (updating content for websites) and social media communications.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver work to a high standard with tight deadlines.
- A team player – comfortable operating in a small team environment
Please provide a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you want to represent the business events sector, along with an updated resume. Please send your application to the CEO, Andrew Hiebl (email@example.com)
Closing Date: Friday, 13 July 2018