The Mackay Region of Queensland offers a fresh and stimulating Business Events destination.
Mackay boasts affordable world-class facilities and services with small town hospitality and excellence in customer service. Its 66,484 square kilometres encompass a diverse environment which includes:
- a vibrant tropical city
- picturesque blue-water river
- secluded beaches
- stunning seaside marina
- pristine rainforest hinterland
KEY INDUSTRY SECTORS
- Mining & Resources
- Fishing, boating and marine
- Agribusiness including sugar-cane and beef cattle production
Centrally located half-way between Brisbane and Cairns on the Queensland coast, Mackay’s centrality, and ease of access by air, road and rail, makes the destination accessible and attractive to potential delegates.
Mackay boasts over 2000 rooms of 3.5 star & above. 1000 rooms of 4 star and above are located in the CBD within a two kilometre radius of convention centre.
There is fresh air and plenty of space for inspired thinking, with limited distractions. A number of different areas of Mackay offer accommodation, venues and activities for Business Events – they include:
- Mackay City
- North Mackay
- Mackay Marina
- Northern Beaches
- Pioneer Valley/Eungella National Park
- An ideal climate with average daily temperatures from just over 22C in the winter months June-August
- Affordable ‘big city standard’ venues, accommodation and services in a compact destination
- Conferences delivered professionally, with ‘country-style’ friendliness and hospitality
- Central location on the Queensland coast half-way between Brisbane and Cairns
- Excellent access by air, road and rail
- One of Queensland’s busiest regional airports with more than 110 flights weekly
- Just a 1.5 hour flight between Brisbane and Mackay
- The purpose-built Mackay Entertainment and Convention Centre incorporates a 1090-seat auditorium and two plenary halls, with capacity to seat 1500 delegates theatre-style or 800 guests in banquet-style. Four meeting rooms, a 100-seat studio space, two foyers, and a selection of break-out rooms complete the picture. The centre sits within a dedicated precinct which includes the contemporary Artspace regional art gallery and expansive Civic Lawns.
- Over 2000 rooms of 3.5 star & above – ten within a two kilometre radius of convention centre
- Boutique resorts, hotels and apartments – in the CBD, on the marina, at the beach, in the hinterland
- Off-site function and activity venues – by the river, lagoon and marina, on a roof-top, in an historic warehouse, sugar shed or gallery, at an iconic pub, in the Botanic Gardens
Click here to download the MECC and Mackay Fact Sheet
COVIDSafe plans and resources have been developed by the industry to ensure health and safety measures are in place to give confidence that business events can be held safely in Australia.